Click here to submit your
“Around the Provinces” article
to the Royal Cross.
Unite with Us in Prayer
Click here for prayer needs.
DOK Triennial 2015 to be held at Zermatt/Homestead Resorts in Midway, Utah!
Pam Runyon, the President of The Order of the Daughters of the King is pleased to announce that the Order's 2015 Triennial Retreat and Meeting will be held at Zermatt/Homestead Resorts in Midway, Utah, June 19-23, 2015. This is a resort-conference center with a Swiss and German theme located 50 minutes from Salt Lake City at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains. As the Order grows and the number of Daughters attending this event reaches 600, it is becoming more difficult to find a venue which is within our budget. We are delighted that the Zermatt/Homestead Resorts will be able to accommodate us and meet our needs. The beautiful setting will be inspirational and we look forward to the unique opportunities this site will give us to glorify the Lord.
The International DVD is now Available!
The International DVD that was presented on International Night at Triennial 2012 is now available from the National Office. It can be purchased for $10 using the updated order form. Click here for the new order form.
National Council 2012 - 2015
A Vision Taking Shape:
A Report from National President, Pam Runyon
Since taking office in July, 2012 I have been working hard to get up to speed with the many responsibilities of my position…quite a daunting task. But this difficult job has been made easier by a number of factors: a climate of encouragement and good will; a gifted National Council; an efficient office staff; and the continuing support of Bishop Romero as National Chaplain and Grace Sears as Advisor - all undergirded by the prayers of Daughters everywhere. I am so thankful for your precious prayers for me and for the National Council – please keep them coming!
In November 2012, the National Council came together in Atlanta for our first full meeting. We began with a retreat day of prayer and listening as we cast a vision for the Order during the next three years. Bishop Romero’s leadership and theme provided a wonderful start: “We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord.” Uplifted by the retreat, our meeting time was productive and joyful. As we carried out the Order’s business we found ourselves united in our desire to build on the solid foundation of our Order, and to increase in prayer, service and evangelism – to the glory of God.
We believe that our Council, our Celebration Chapter, should serve as a model for other chapters in the Order. Our celebration, our joy, and our love for God and for each other should be contagious. This past Triennial showed us that this can happen when we look joyfully to Jesus together and spread His love. The National Council began calling itself the Celebration Chapter when Grace Sears was National President and we were celebrating the 125th Anniversary of the Order. The Order is now 128 years old and we are still celebrating! Here are just a few reasons why:
- The Order is growing steadily within the US and exploding internationally! Our total membership is over 25,000.
- We now have six wonderful full-time staff members at the National Office who keep up with this growth and provide the stability for the Order’s day‐to-day operation in the midst of our leadership transitions.
- We have a gifted National Council! God has graciously provided women of deep faith and many diverse talents to serve the Order.
- Council members are updating DOK materials and are visioning with our staff to improve office systems in order to serve our membership better. The 2012 National Handbook has undergone major revisions and is available now.
- Our finances are healthy. We have been able to allocate funds for national enrichment and international development, and have contracted with a new printing company in order to publish The Royal Cross in a more timely manner.
- Our e-mail newsletter, Cross+Links, is enabling the National Council and National Office to communicate with our membership monthly. Sign up on the website now if you haven’t already!
- Daughters of the King in Honduras held their first National Assembly and elected national officers in November 2012!
- The Daughters in the Diocese of Central Gulf Coast reassembled in January!
- New chapters were instituted in Panama and Uganda in January – the first in many years!
- A new chapter was instituted in Augsburg, Germany on February 3 and our first chapter in Italy is in formation in Rome!
- More Junior Daughters are transitioning to Senior Daughters. See the procedures for Juniors transitioning to Seniors, Click here.
Through God’s blessing and the vision and leadership of Grace Sears, the Order is in a more peaceful place than it was a few years ago. This stability and the growth of our Endowment Fund have provided greater resources for us to spread the Kingdom - both nationally and internationally. For these reasons, we are dreaming big dreams for the Order. We hope to build on the precious legacy of all the dedicated Daughters who have come before us, remembering always that our main reason for celebration is the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which we are called to spread far and wide.
It is the dream of our Celebration Chapter that all Daughters may shine as beacons of light – sparks, flames, fireworks! – as we live into the foundational, life-changing vision of our Order:
“Empowered by the Holy Spirit, our vision as Daughters of the King is to know Jesus Christ, to make Him known to others, and to become reflections of God’s love throughout the world.”
In Christ’s Love and For His Sake,